PINAY CLOTHING: (Re)Starting A Business (aka A Study in Vulnerability)
TOP 5 REASONS I (RE)STARTED MY SMALL BUSINESS AT/AFTER 40
(in no particular order)
5. Because why not meet vulnerability if it’s been a while, or if you haven’t already? Kids get to meet Santa and the Easter Bunny while adults get to meet vulnerability. So I thought it’d be fun to put myself out there and just feel vulnerable and exposed. Meet vulnerability and say hello. Have tea and crumpets. Brene Brown told Oprah this V thing was all the rage, so I’m going to go ahead and give it a whirl.
4. I love that I can (now) share a bit of my Filipino culture through fashion on a grander scale and to a bigger audience (via social media, etc.). During Pinay Clothing v.1, our Facebook post was a flyer, our Instagram post a scrap book. Or would that be Pinterest? At any rate, it’s a whole new internet/technological world out there for you, me and Pinay Clothing.
3. Make money. Spoil my family and friends and help people/organizations/the community with said money made. Overall just good work with said money made via Pinay. Easy peasy.
2. Manifest all these creative ideas percolating in my brain into reality regarding Pinay, especially in the hopes of using it as a tool to help the community at large. These ideas never went away. They were just awaiting use. I’m excited to see where we are headed.
1. I had no choice but to follow my gut. I couldn’t take it anymore. If I didn’t at least try to start this venture again, I felt as if I’d explode like an angry carnival balloon. Or fester like a raisin in the sun, and no festering was going to take place, people! Langston Hughes would have had none of it. I knew that if I wanted to continue liking myself, I had to go for my dream, so I am/did.
I’ll be posting more on my road to (re)starting Pinay and welcome any feedback, tips, etc. Please join me in my new adventure! Please follow me on IG: @pinay_clothing and www.pinayclothing.com.
While website is under construction, you can also reach me at: email@example.com to place orders. Thank you!
(Main photo above taken 1997, NYC, rocking original logo Pinay)